B&O PLAY introduces new Beoplay H4
B&O PLAY introduces the Beoplay H4, a new archetype within the wireless headphone segment, in a clean and contemporary design by Danish Jakob Wagner. Additionally the Beoplay H4 comes with a simple and intuitive user interface comprised of 3 buttons, a Micro USB connector and a 3.5mm jack that integrate seamlessly into the sturdy but smooth material that make up the headphones’ housing.
Keeping the simplicity of Beoplay H4 front of mind, the user interface is designed for ease of use. Simply press the centre button to answer/end calls, play/pause; press upper or lower button for volume control and to skip tracks; press upper and lower buttons simultaneously to pair your headphones through Bluetooth.
Beoplay also H4 provides up to 19 hours of wireless music with just a 2.5-hour charge. If Beoplay H4 runs out of power, you can simply plug in the enclosed mini jack cable to keep enjoying your music.
“The core philosophy at B&O PLAY is to deliver authentic sound – considering each part separately to improve and simplify an expression of purpose. So listening becomes an authentic experience for all our senses. Our challenge was to express that through every detail”, says Danish designer Jakob Wagner.
Adjust the sound profile with Beoplay App
Beoplay H4 is compatible with Beoplay App for Android, iPhone and Apple Watch, which gives you a variety of options for personalizing your listening experience:
- Bang & Olufsen sound engineers have created a variety of sound profiles specifically for Beoplay H4: Commute, Clear, Workout and Podcast.
- Users can adjust the tonality and sound staging themselves with the playful and intuitive B&O PLAY ToneTouch. The interface lets users feel their way through different sound settings and find the one that best suits the situation. Once adjusted, Beoplay H4 saves the setting on the product itself until you adjust it again.
- Connected to Beoplay H4, the app makes it easy to monitor the battery status of the headphones.
- Users can control the music (play, pause, forward, back), and they can personalise the headphones in the app by giving it a specific colour and name.
- By connecting Beoplay H4 to Beoplay App, users also receive software updates over the air.
Pricing and availability
Beoplay H4 launches in Charcoal Grey and is available for a suggested retail price of GBP 249 / DKK 2,299 / SEK 2,999 / NOK 2,999 / USD 299 / EUR 299 / AUD 399. Included with Beoplay H4 is a charging cable and an audio cable. Beoplay H4 will be available in Bang & Olufsen stores, on www.beoplay.com/h4 and in selected third party retailers from 9 February 2017.