How to beat an athlete at their own sport
The Olympics consistently encourages even the laziest of us into sport; the success of the GB cycling team at Beijing saw a surge in people taking up the sport and this year will undoubtedly follow the same suit. What better way to take on a sport, when there's the opportunity you could beat an Olympian at their own discipline?
MYZONE, whilst also providing that competitive edge, has pioneered a system that is making fitness fun again, by providing the incentive and means to motivate yourself though its app.
MYZONE is a revolutionary waterproof sports wearable – integrated into a bra, compression vest or chest strap – that allows you to compete with an elite athlete on a level playing field.
For example instead of tracking fitness, MYZONE marks you on effort, this means you might finish behind Mo Farah in a race, but work harder than him in the race and the accompanying app makes you the winner – this makes it massively motivational for anyone wanting to take part in sport.
MYZONE calibrates to your body metrics and maximum heart rate and creates a bespoke handicap that is personal to you – hence the name MYZONE.
The app then shows a simple coloured tile with a real time percentage rating to show how much capacity of your maximum heart rate you are using at any given time. You score points the harder you work and these are also meaningful – MYZONE is the only sports wearable to align its scoring system with the World Health Organisation’s guidelines for physical activity.
The new MYZONE app is out now on iOS with Android coming very soon.
• The most accurate calorie cruncher on the market – wrist-based trackers rely on guesswork to get your heart rate, resulting in an inaccurate, irrelevant calculation of calories burnt. MYZONE has a heart rate accuracy of over 99%, and in conjunction with personal body metrics, it ensures calorie-burning calculations are supremely accurate and personal to you.
• ‘Strong not skinny’ – More and more women are favoring the ‘strong not skinny’ motto of strength training over cardio. MYZONE effectively calculates the effort put into weight training in a similar manner to that of cardio. MYZONE helps dispel the myths surrounding women and weight training by demonstrating how effective it is.
• It praises like a PT – Unlike other activity trackers, MYZONE rewards effort not fitness, motivating you to work harder. MYZONE recognizes everyone is different, so it creates a handicap for every user, based on their maximum heart-rate, which effectively means you can compete with anyone on a level playing field.
• It’s a multiplayer game – MYZONE is a massively addictive, multiplayer game. Use the app to create competitions with friends or plot your progress on the leader board as MYZONE turns your efforts into points – and then marks them against the World Health Organisation’s guidelines for physical activity.
• It’s Facebook for physical activity – MYZONE has its own social media network. Use the accompanying app to follow friends, analyze workouts, then ‘like’ or comment on their efforts. With MYZONE the clue is in the name. It’s 100% personal to you, moving it way beyond being a fad wearable and transforming it into your must-have piece of tech for training.
MZ-3 activity tracker - £129.99
Sports bra - £49.99
Men’s vest - £59.99