Kingston Digital Releases 7-in-1 USB Type C Hub
Kingston Digital Europe, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, has announced the launch of Nucleum, a 7-in-1 Type C USB hub. Nucleum is an ideal hub for newer Apple MacBooks as it provides extra USB-C and USB-A ports as well as HDMI and SD/microSD card slots.
Nucleum, with its multiple ports, is built to handle all of the familiar accessories consumers have such as mice, keyboards and even a second monitor. Users can be more productive as all seven ports can be engaged at the same time. Nucleum users can power up a MacBook while also running an external hard drive and charging an iPhone simultaneously.
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) can sometimes occur between USB 3.0 ports (on any device or system) and Wi-Fi devices such as routers or wireless mice and keyboards. Broadband noise generated from the USB 3.0 data spectrum can impact wireless radio receivers broadcasting at 2.4GHz when both are in close proximity. EMI on Nucleum is mitigated due to its shielding and unique port placement. Shielding was placed on the USB ports and the layout for both USB Type A and C are opposite each other instead of side by side. This reduces the possibility of EMI and the physical placement allows greater room between ports to help account for plugs and power adapters of different sizes.
“The demand for accessories to complement more host devices using Type C connectors is growing,” said Valentina Vitolo, Flash Business Manager – EMEA, Kingston. “The idea behind Nucleum was to create a portable, easy to use and ‘all-in-one’ hub giving customers a well-rounded product that fits their on-the-go needs. We believe this is the one accessory you need to take with you everywhere.”
Nucleum is available in the United States now and will expand to the United Kingdom and select countries in the Asia-Pacific region later in Q1. It is backed by a two-year warranty, free live technical support and Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingstongo.com/nucleum.
Nucleum Features and Specifications:
- More pixels: 4K HDMI output to your new notebook.
- Power pass through: Get more juice for your iPhone, Bluetooth headphones, and other devices
- Fill it up: Want to use all your connected devices at once? No problem, plug everything in and get creating!
- Portable: The convenient size means you can bring the USB-C hub wherever you need it.
- Creation station: Shoot, ingest and edit your footage wherever you are using the SD and microSD slots.
- Made to match: Nucleum is designed to complement your new MacBook.
- Multiport adapter: No need to carry around multiple dongles to connect your devices.
- Product Dimensions (without cable): 127mm x 45mm x 14.2mm (5″ x 1.77″ x .56″)
- Product Dimensions (with cable): 276.4mm x 45mm x 14.2mm (10.88″ x 1.77″ x .56″)
- Weight: 92.4g (3.2 oz.)